Decorate your entrance hall with this easy DIY arrangement.
To make this simple decorative tree arrangement follow these basic steps:
What you will need:
- dried out branches
- can of spray paint in colour of your choice.
- a range of Christmas decorations (if you are feeling particularly creative feel free to make your own decorations). I used a range of metallic balls and stars
- a large vase or pot
- Lay out some newspaper on the ground (preferably outside) and lay the branches on the newspaper.
- Carefully spay the branches with the can of spray paint on one side and then turn them over and spay the other side, ensuring that you spray all angles. Here I have used silver spray paint, but it would also look very festive in gold or white etc.
- Wait for the paint to dry.
- Place the branches in the large vase and arrange them so that the branches are spread out fairly evenly.
- Hang decorations of your choice on the branches. It is useful to have colour scheme with at least two different colours to provide some contrast. Some attractive colour schemes are:
- a variety of metallics (as I have shown here), gold, silver and rose gold. I have also added charcoal balls to add some depth of colour.
- blue, silver and white
- traditional red, green and white
- red and white
- red, silver and white
You may also wish to decorate your hall stand with further festive decor items which are in keeping with the colour scheme as I have done here with the following:
- brass tray
- pink box of La Belle Miette macarons to compliment the rose gold ornaments
- my daughter’s glitter Christmas tree which she made at kindergarten (nothing says ‘homely’ like children’s artwork!)
- donkey bowl from Provincial Home Living filled with mixed nuts
- brass plant holder filled with candy canes
- wooden rocking horse decoration